Six Financial Blunders and Their Fixes
BOSTON (TheStreet) -- This year will likely be remembered for its broad, unpredictable market swings.
As one might expect in a time of volatility, making all the right moves with your investment portfolio and retirement plan was a challenge. What didn't help matters were the mistakes and overreactions many investors made, moves that could hurt them both immediately and for years to come.
But there are also some easy steps to take to recover from the mistakes of 2010 for a better 2011:
PROBLEM 1: Analysis paralysis
When confronted with questions about what direction to go in with their financial plan, many decided to go... nowhere.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV