4. Tyco International (TYC) is an industrial conglomerate. Its subsidiaries sell products ranging from security devices to industrial valves.
Fundamentals: Tyco's 12-month sales have risen a paltry 0.9%. Fiscal fourth-quarter profit expanded 30% to $266 million, or 55 cents a share, as revenue ascended 4% to $4.5 billion. The operating margin stretched from 9.6% past 10%. Tyco held $1.8 billion of cash and $4.2 billion of debt at the end of the quarter, translating to a quick ratio of 0.8 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.3. Amid tepid sales growth, cost reductions have bolstered net income.
Valuation: Tyco's stock trades at a forward earnings multiple of 12 and a book value multiple of 1.4, 21% and 37% discounts to industrial conglomerate industry averages. Its trailing earnings multiple of 18, sales multiple of 1.2 and cash flow multiple of 7.6 are on par with conglomerate peer averages. The stock's PEG ratio of 0.6 reflects a 40% discount to estimated fair value. Morgan Stanley offers a bullish-scenario target of $61 and a bearish-scenario target of $32.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV