5. Union Pacific (UNP) provides rail transportation.
Fundamentals: Union Pacific's 12-month sales have risen 11%. Third-quarter net income rose 51% to $778 million and earnings per share stretched 54% to $1.56. Revenue ascended 20%. The operating margin rose from 26% to 32%. The company held $1.4 billion of cash and $9.7 billion of debt at quarter's end, equal to a 0.8 quick ratio and a 0.6 debt-to-equity ratio.
Valuation: Union Pacific's stock sells for a forward earnings multiple of 15, a 23% discount to the road and rail industry average. It's fairly valued based on trailing earnings, book value and cash flow per share. But, the stock's PEG ratio of 0.4 signals a 60% discount to estimated long-run fair value. In Morgan Stanley's bull-case scenario, Union Pacific's stock will advance 28% to $121. In the bank's bear-case scenario, the stock will decrease 10% to $85.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV