7. Scripps Networks (SNI) is a lifestyle content and interactive services company. It owns Home and Garden Television, Food Network and Travel Channel, as well as associated Web sites.
Fundamentals: Scripps' 12-month sales have increased 27%. Third-quarter profit surged 56% to $102 million, or 61 cents a share, as revenue increased 40% to $509 million. The operating margin extended from 34% to 38%. Scripps has $417 million of cash and $884 million of debt, converting to a quick ratio of 4.9 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.5. A rebound in corporate advertising budgets has benefitted Scripps. Quarterly ad sales rose 34%.
Valuation: Scripps' stock sells for a trailing earnings multiple of 26, a sales multiple of 4.5 and a cash flow multiple of 19, 28%, 94% and 75% premiums to media industry averages. The shares are fairly valued based on book value and forward earnings. The stock's PEG ratio of 0.6 demonstrates a 40% discount to estimated long-run fair value. Morgan Stanley's bullish-scenario stock valuation is $75, suggesting 45% upside. Its bearish-scenario stock valuation is $37.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV