CapitalSource Bank Receives 'Outstanding' CRA Rating By FDIC
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 6, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- CapitalSource Bank, the banking subsidiary of CapitalSource Inc. (NYSE: CSE), announced that it has been assigned an overall rating of "Outstanding," -- the highest rating possible -- on its Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Performance Evaluation from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The recently issued rating marks the first time that CapitalSource Bank has been formally evaluated for CRA and is based on the performance of the bank since its inception in July 2008 through June 2010.
CapitalSource Bank extended $143 million in community development investments and loans, more than doubling the bank's three-year business plan of $69 million. According to the evaluation, "CapitalSource Bank has an excellent record of participating in and helping to support community development activities within its assessment areas."
The CRA evaluation assessed CapitalSource Bank's performance with respect to meeting the credit needs of its entire community, including low and moderate income individuals, neighborhoods and businesses. The evaluation considers an institution's community development loans and services, along with a review of the community development investments in the bank's assessment area.
"We are extremely proud of the 'Outstanding' rating we received from the FDIC," said CapitalSource Bank President and CEO Tad Lowrey. "Since our formation in 2008, CapitalSource Bank has made a concerted effort to address the needs of our communities, with a special focus on low and moderate income neighborhoods. We believe this rating is a reflection of our fulfillment of that commitment.""The rating we received from the FDIC reinforces our approach to meeting the needs of the communities where we do business. We view our CRA work not as a requirement or a box to check off, but as the right thing to do," commented Gary Dunn, Vice President, CRA Officer, CapitalSource Bank. "Our evaluation results also recognize the leadership role CapitalSource Bank employees play as they contribute their time and talents to a variety of not-for-profit organizations in the communities we serve." The CRA, enacted in 1977, requires banks to help meet the credit needs of the communities they serve, including low- and moderate-income communities. In rating CapitalSource Bank "Outstanding," the FDIC cited the following factors:
- CapitalSource Bank is a leader in providing community development services within its assessment areas.
- CapitalSource Bank has a high level of community development loans, qualified investments and donations.
- CapitalSource Bank exhibits excellent responsiveness to credit and community economic development needs.
- During the review period, CapitalSource Bank extended 267 community development loans totaling $99.3 million. The community development loans have supported small businesses and affordable housing, which address the needs of the assessment areas.
- CapitalSource Bank's goal within its own business plan called for $69 million of qualified investments and loans within three years. CapitalSource Bank more than doubled this goal within two years of operation, which demonstrates the Board of Directors' and senior management's commitment to low to moderate income individuals and the geographies of its assessment areas.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.