While BofA has denied that it is "the big bank targeted by WikiLeaks," there is no way to know whether that is true. BofA is also Public Enemy #1 when it comes to the mess in the mortgage market. That situation may take years to solve and its outcome could be devastating for BofA shareholders. If and when banks get to resume dividend hikes, BofA is likely to be one of the last to be able to do so. Investors should consider that upside price target something that will come down through time as the world sits in December 2010.
Bank of New York Mellon
(BK - Get Report) trades about $27.35 and that gives an implied upside of more than 20.0% to the $32.93 consensus price target. The financial services firm is one of America's oldest banks and also happens to be
4) Gannett (GCI - Get Report)trades around $13.49, giving an implied upside of roughly 32% to the consensus target of $17.86. This position has been chopped down considerably. The company is the largest newspaper publisher with operations in print, broadcast and digital. Buffett has lowered the stake in the company as the media woes of yesteryear are likely to persist for years. Gannett, though, may feel like a wild card. Despite declining earnings and revenues, Gannett trades at about 6-times forward earnings. The dividend yield here is only about 1.2% and that target price of $17.86 is under the recent highs as the 52-week trading range is $9.63 to $19.69.
5) General Electric (GE - Get Report) has more implied upside than most conglomerates to consensus targets. Buffett's 7.77 million share stake is also grossly understated because he did a large preferred financing when the market was in meltdown-mode. At $16.20, GE has an implied upside of 26.5% to the $20.50 price target. GE is still at the beginning stages of a turnaround with a higher dividend yield indicated around 3.0% now and share buybacks coming back on line. GE also has the most room for a scaling down of much of its financial operations, its current media partial divesting of NBC Universal and potential asset sales and spin-offs ahead.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts