Hitting shelves in April, the initial iPad has left late-coming rivals like HP (HPQ) and Dell (DELL) trailing in its wake. Apple sold 1 million iPads within four weeks of the tablet's debut; Samsung's Galaxy tab, which debuted overseas two months ago, just tipped the 1 million-sold mark.
"Next steps with iPad are obvious, and Apple has even alluded to them: enhance the product and drive down the entry price," said Ezra Gottheil, an analyst at Technology Business Research. "I expect a new iPad in the first half of 2011, with a price reduction on the current models."
"I think that Apple will reset the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV