CUPERTINO, Calif. ( TheStreet) -- With the arrival of the widely-anticipated CDMA iPhone at Verizon (VZ) and a new version of the iPad expected, next year is set to be another big one for Apple (AAPL).
This year was huge for the tech giant and its investors; it marked the debut of the iPad, the iPhone 4 and the subsequent Antennagate debacle that briefly punched a hole in Apple's aura of invincibility.
Not that investors seemed overly concerned -- Apple's stock is up almost 52% this year and closed at a record high of $320.15 on Monday.
"There are plenty of catalysts to continue the trend of strong product development and updating -- getting the iPhone on Verizon is the biggest one for me," said Apple investor Chad Brand, president of Peridot Capital Management. "I think people may underestimate how many new subs they can get from that.""I do expect them to upgrade the iPad in the first quarter, I do expect them to upgrade the iPhone
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV