CUPERTINO, Calif. (TheStreet) -- With the arrival of the widely-anticipated CDMA iPhone at Verizon (VZ) and a new version of the iPad expected, next year is set to be another big one for Apple (AAPL).
This year was huge for the tech giant and its investors; it marked the debut of the iPad, the iPhone 4 and the subsequent Antennagate debacle that briefly punched a hole in Apple's aura of invincibility.
Not that investors seemed overly concerned -- Apple's stock is up almost 52% this year and closed at a record high of $320.15 on Monday.
"There are plenty of catalysts to continue the trend of strong product development and updating -- getting the iPhone on Verizon is the biggest one for me," said Apple investor Chad Brand, president of Peridot Capital Management. "I think people may underestimate how many new subs they can get from that.""I do expect them to upgrade the iPad in the first quarter, I do expect them to upgrade the iPhone [and] obviously there will be a Verizon iPhone," said Michael Yoshikami, chief investment strategist of YCMNET Advisors. "I think that the iPhone momentum is going to continue if you look at the rollout of the product globally." Read on for what to expect from Apple next year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV