While Bank of America will face tougher capital requirements over time as it works to conform with international guidelines known as Basel 3, Luna Analytics analyst Carole Berger thinks Bank of America will be able to meet those requirements without issuing additional equity.
"They won't have to raise capital, but they won't also be repatriating or returning capital to shareholders in any significant amount until at least 2012 or 13," Berger says.
-- Written by Dan Freed in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV