OTI Introduces Easy To Implement Contactless Mobile Payment Product And Near Field Communication Functionality On Wide Range Of Current Handsets
- OTI is Already in Advanced Discussions With Several Mobile Operators
- The Product Represents a Power Shift in the Industry, Providing Mobile Operators and Financial Issuers Flexibility and Quick Time-to-Market Solution
ISELIN, N.J., Dec. 6, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- On Track Innovations Ltd., (OTI) (Nasdaq:OTIV), a global leader in contactless microprocessor-based smart card solutions for homeland security, payments, eID Systems and other applications, is introducing a new mobile payment system which enables existing mobile phones to support Near Field Communication (NFC) functionality and contactless payments. OTI is already in advanced discussions with several mobile operators.
OTI's COPNI™ (Contactless Payment and NFC Insert) brings innovation, creativity and unique know-how to this market with a true post-market mobile payment solution for mobile operators, banks, merchants and subscribers. COPNI is an add-on to mobile phones' SIM cards with a flexible antenna and is based on OTI's intellectual property and patents. The mobile payment system is independent of the handset type and model, and enables users to have one device that is both a mobile phone and a mobile wallet. It is compatible with carriers' current infrastructure.
Mobile phones equipped with COPNI can be used in a broad range of payment applications simply by tapping the phone near a contactless reader. Payments are automatically confirmed and deducted from consumers' bank accounts, credit cards or pre-paid accounts.The system will be shown at the international CARTES & IDentification 2010 conference (booth #4 L 092) being held in Paris from Dec. 7-9. "OTI's new mobile payment system will allow consumers to easily add NFC functionality to their current mobile phone," said Oded Bashan, chairman and CEO, OTI. "Our patented technology provides mobile operators and financial institutions/issuers with a quick-to-market NFC solution using the existing infrastructure. It offers them a way to get into the mobile payment market while expanding their customer base and generating increased revenues."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV