10 Ways You Throw Holiday Money Away
One recent survey of consumers found that the iPad is the most sought-after electronic device this holiday season. But you may want to think twice before buying one this month. The iPad was launched in April of this year, which leads most industry experts to assume that the next-generation iPad will be released around the same time in 2011. If that turns out to be true, it will presumably cause the older model to drop in price but provide consumers with a new model that could fix some of the iPad's shortcomings, notably the lack of a front-facing camera. Either way, a wait is wise.
It's also worth noting that Apple is the rare company that generally does not discount heavily during the holidays. Even on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the best Apple offered was 10% off select items.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV