While the ubiquitous Weather.com has a firm grip over online and mobile weather forecasts, there's a new player in town. MyWeather launched last month with a new Android app that tailors weather info not just to your city or town, but to your street address using GPS technology.
The app claims that it's six times more accurate than its competitors, and our casual testing, pitting it against Weather.com showed that to be true. Forecasts differed by as much as 15 degrees on some days. MyWeather was overwhelming more accurate, predicting a high of 83 degrees one day compared to Weather Channel's 97 degrees -- the actual weather never crept up higher than 83.The app includes current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts, animated radar and satellite maps, and news and alerts. MyWeather also offers an app called PinPoint Lightning 2011, which provides the time and distance of lightning strikes from your location for $5.99 -- interesting technology to help you decide when to take cover if you're outside playing golf, for example.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV