1. Pfizer (PFE) sells pharmaceuticals including Dimetapp, Dristan and Halcion.
Quarter: Pfizer's third-quarter net income plummeted 70% to $866 million and earnings per share dropped 74% to 11 cents. Revenue advanced 39% to $16 billion. The gross margin declined from 88% to 87% and the operating margin fell from 38% to 31%. Pfizer has $22 billion of cash and $44 billion of debt, translating to a quick ratio of 1.6 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.5. Pfizer's 12-month sales have increased 46%, though net profit has fallen 25%.
Valuation: Pfizer's stock trades at a forward earnings multiple of 7.3, a book value multiple of 1.5 and a sales multiple of 2, 38%, 68% and 36% discounts to pharmaceuticals industry averages. But, its cash flow multiple of 13 represents a premium of 18%. A PEG ratio, calculated by dividing the P/E ratio by analysts' long-term growth forecast, of 0.3 demonstrates a 70% discount to estimated fair value. Pfizer is a consensus buy-side value pick, but has fallen 8.5% in 2010.Dividend: Pfizer pays a quarterly dividend of 18 cents, translating to a one-year yield of 4.3% and an elevated payout ratio of 94%. Pfizer halved its dividend to 16 cents in 2009 amid recession, but has since lifted it.
To see these stocks in action, visit the 8 Cheapest Dow Dividend Stocks Portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV