(DryShips report updated with stock movement.)
ATHENS, Greece (
DryShips said its wholly-owned Ocean Rig UDW unit's planned offering is expected to close before the end of 2010. The offering will be made to Norwegian professionals and eligible counterparties under Norwegian trading regulations, to non-U.S. residents and in a concurrent private placement in the United States only to qualified institutional buyers pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act.
Proceeds from the sale are "expected to be used to finance construction costs of the ultra deepwater newbuilding drillships under construction at Samsung, exercise options to build further ultra deepwater drillships and general corporate purposes."The offering will reduce DryShips' ownership stake in Ocean Rig to between 78% and 80%. DryShips shares jumped 6% Monday to $6.23. Nearly 40 million shares changed hands with two hours left in the trading session, compared with their average daily volume of 19.9 million shares. On Friday the stock closed up by 12.4%. Separately, DryShips said Friday it completed its ATM Equity Offering, raising around $350 million since initiating the offering on Sept. 7. Earlier last week
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV