Updates to include information on Peter Orzag's hiring
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Citigroup (C) has been shopping for talent on both sides of the political aisle, hiring Bush cabinet member Carlos Gutierrez and Obama economic aide Peter Orzag over the past week.
On Friday, Citi confirmed Orzag's hiring, after weeks of reported discussions. Orzag, who left his role as director of the Office of Management and Budget, will be joining the bank as vice chairman of global banking within Citi's institutional clients group.
John Havens, CEO of that group, said Orzag "brings a tremendous amount of knowledge as well as key private sector and government experience."Since leaving the Obama camp in July, the high-profile economist and policy wonk
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV