Dr. William H. Jones Named To Coca-Cola Consolidated Board Of Directors
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated today announced that Dr. William H. Jones has been named to the Company’s Board of Directors, replacing retiring board member Ned R. McWherter. Dr. Jones was named President of Columbia International University in 2007 after nineteen years at the university as provost, senior vice president for academic affairs and teacher. Jones graduated summa cum laude with a chemistry degree from Georgia Institute of Technology and holds earned doctorates from both Columbia Biblical Seminary and Gordon Conwell Seminary.
Dr. Jones also serves as chair of the International Leadership Team of Crossover Communications International, a missions agency he cofounded that ministers in twenty countries. Dr. Jones is the author of several books.
“We are very pleased to have an individual with Bill’s leadership qualities, academic credentials and success in managing an academic institution join our Board, and we look forward to working with Bill,” said Coca-Cola Consolidated Chairman and CEO J. Frank Harrison, III.
Dr. Jones will fill the vacancy resulting from the retirement of former Tennessee Governor Ned R. McWherter, who served on the Board for more than fifteen years. “We appreciate Ned’s dedicated service to our Company and wish him the best of luck in all his future endeavors,” said Harrison. McWherter’s official retirement as an active board member will be effective December 31, 2010, but he will remain as an emeritus member of the board. Dr. Jones’ appointment will be effective January 1, 2011.Charlotte-based Coca-Cola Consolidated is the nation’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler with franchise territories in 11 Southeastern states. --Enjoy Coca-Cola—
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV