Milo, based in Palo Alto, Calif., tracks inventory in local stores and helps consumers determine if products they are searching for are available nearby. The company covers about 52,000 stores around the U.S., and about 3 million locally-available products.
The acquisition would help eBay build its presence in localized markets, as Google (GOOG) is looking to do through its rumored purchase of daily deals site Groupon. Milo would also connect eBay's traditional e-commerce business to brick-and-mortar shopping.
Milo investors include Keith Rabois, an early investor in YouTube and LinkedIn, Aaron Patzer, the founder of Mint which was acquired by Intuit (INTU) earlier this year, Comscore founder Magid Abraham and prominent angel investor Ron Conway.--Written by Olivia Oran in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV