Wimm-Bill-Dann Surges on Pepsi Offer
Wimm-Bill-Dann American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) are surging by 28.5% to $31.48 in morning trading. PepsiCo shares are down 0.6% to $65.23.
The offer is about $33 per ADR share, a premium of 32% to the 30-day average trading price of Wimm-Bill-Dann's ADR shares.
In a press release, Pepsi said that its offer for the stake in Wimm-Bill-Dann represents a total enterprise value of about $5.4 billion.Pepsi plans to buy 66% of the company initially, then offer to buy the remaining shares of Wimm-Bill-Dann after the acquisition is completed. Not only will the acquisition raise Pepsi's annual global revenue from nutritious and functional foods to about $13 billion from about $10 billion, it would enable the global behemoth to become the largest food and beverage business in Russia, Pepsi said. The acquisition will be modestly accretive to earnings in the first year, minus one-time transaction costs and fees, said Pespi in a press release.
|More on Earnings Today's Top Earnings|
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Andrea Tse. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV