Primo Water Announces Third Quarter 2010 Results
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., Dec. 2, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Primo Water Corporation (Nasdaq:PRMW), a rapidly growing provider of three-and five-gallon purified bottled water, self-serve filtered drinking water and water dispensers sold through major retailers nationwide, today announced its third quarter 2010 results. A conference call will be held at 8:30 a.m., Eastern Time, today to discuss Primo's results and may be accessed on Primo's website at www.primowater.com .
- 700 Exchange locations added (including the first Walmart locations) bringing total Exchange locations to 7,900 at September 30, 2010
- Began shipping next-generation water dispenser products to retailers
- Successfully completed IPO, with trading of common stock commencing on November 5, 2010
- Completed the acquisition of assets from Culligan Store Solutions, LLC (the "Culligan Refill Business") on November 10, 2010
Financial HighlightsPrimo's third quarter 2010 financial results are presented in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles ("GAAP") and do not include pro forma results related to the acquisition of the Culligan Refill Business completed in the fourth quarter of 2010. Third quarter 2010 financial results include the following:
- Exchange net sales increased 12.2% to $7.1 million compared to $6.3 million in the third quarter of 2009
- Product net sales decreased 57.1% to $3.4 million compared to $7.9 million in the third quarter of 2009
- Product unit sell-through to consumers at retail increased 15% year-to-date compared to the same period in 2009
- Total net sales decreased 25.3% to $10.9 million compared to $14.6 million in the third quarter of 2009
- Net loss attributable to common shareholders was $5.9 million compared to a net loss of $2.8 million in the third quarter of 2009 and included a non-recurring charge of $2.3 million in connection with the recent IPO
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV