Ski Couture Puts Posh in the Piste
Once a marketplace of one-piece bibs with pull-up straps and elastic waists, ski fashion may have finally caught up to its couture cousins.
In recent years, fashion lines such as Moncler have looked to expand their reach to the high-end ski market -- for men as well as women.
Some trace the ski couture movement back to those Bogner one pieces with flashy metal zippers and Alpine fabrics. They put the German label on the American ski map. Others point to French label Salomon, now part of Finland's Amer Sports, and its iconic Advance Skin line in the late 1990s, which took ski fashion from shiny synthetic to smooth Gore-Tex-based fabrics that moved and felt like skin. Bolder labels such as Chanel and Prada were next up, emerging with logo-emblazoned ensembles, personalized skis and iconic jackets that soon became the prerequisite look for such celebrity skiers as Victoria Beckham and a certain league of Aspen housewives.
|Moncler Gamme Bleu's men's collection is just as easily worn down Fifth Avenue as Whistler Peak.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV