BOSTON (TheStreet) -- The Dow Jones Industrial Average, an index of the 30 largest publicly traded U.S. companies, has advanced 7.8% so far in 2010, lagging behind the S&P 500 Index and Nasdaq Composite. Still, several of its members have delivered outstanding gains, with less risk and volatility than small- and mid-cap stocks. Here are the five best-performing Dow dividend stocks of 2010. They may continue to outperform the broader market in 2011. Below, the stocks are ordered by year-to-date return, from good to great.
5. Disney (DIS), the entertainment company known for Mickey Mouse, has grown 12-month sales 5.3% and net income 20%. Its stock has risen 15% year-to-date, ranking as the fifth best-performing Dow stock. It has jumped 11% in the past three months
Fiscal fourth-quarter profit declined 6.7% to $835 million and earnings per share fell 8.5% to 43 cents. Sales narrowed 1.3%. But, the gross and operating margin remained steadfast at 20% and 16%.
Disney trades at parity with peers, based on its cash flow multiple of 11. However, Disney's forward earnings multiple of 13, book value multiple of 1.9 and sales multiple of 1.8 reflect discounts of 27%, 63% and 18% to respective media industry averages.TheStreet's stock model rates Disney "buy" with a $46.20 target, suggesting 24% upside.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV