Bank Mutual (Wisconsin)
Account: Premium Interest Checking
Rate: 6% on balances up to $1,000
Conditions: As this is a bank, and not a credit union, residency is not a requirement for joining - though you'll have to go to a branch to open an account. You have to use your MasterCard debit card 15 times a month to avoid monthly fees, and the rate drops to .02% for balances beyond $1,000. ATM fees apply if you make five or more ATM transactions in a given month.
Liberty Bank (Florida, Illinois and Iowa)
Rate: 5% APY on balances up to $500
Conditions: This account is available to everyone, and you can apply online or in a branch. To get this rate, you must complete 15 MasterCard debit card transactions per payment cycle and also receive e-statements. Amounts between $2,500 and $10,000 earn 3% APY. Meanwhile, amounts between $10,000 and $25,000 earn 2%, and anything beyond $25,000 earns 0.2%.
NavyArmy Federal Credit Union (Texas)
Account: Liberty Checking
Rate: 4.51% APY on balances up to $25,000
Conditions: To join this credit union you must reside in one of the Texas counties listed here. The rate drops to 1.01% APY for balances above $25,000. To maintain the interest rate, customers must make 10 check card transactions a month, receive monthly e-statements and set up one monthly direct deposit or automatic payment from the account.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV