Playboy Releases Full Archive Hard Drive
The digital archive is has more than 100,000 pages of photos from 650 issues of the iconic publication over the past 57 years.
"Why would you let more than 650 of your favorite Playmates celebrate the holidays in a damp garage, stashed under your bed or crowded together in the basement, when you can bring them all together beneath the mistletoe this year?" Playboy said in a statement.
Playboy teamed up with Bondi Digital Publishing, a digital formatting company, to create the archive. Bondi has released digital archives of several magazines, including the New Yorker and Rolling Stone.The device also comes with 200 GB of free space. The release of the digital drive comes after Playboy saw a decline in total revenue in the third quarter, and four months after Hugh Hefner offered to take the company private. Licensing of retro material has been one of Playboy's major profit drivers since 2007, company spokeswoman Martha Lindeman recently told the L.A. Times. -- Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV