2. Apollo Group (APOL), which runs the University of Phoenix, has seen its stock plummet 44% this year. In the most recent quarter, the company's net income dropped 55% to $41 million, or 32 cents a share. Regulatory scrutiny into its admissions, compensation and financial-aid practices have added to the company's woes.
Outlook: Of researchers evaluating Apollo, nine rate its stock "buy", 14 rate it "hold" and one rates it "sell." A median target of $48.53 implies the stock could return 43% during the next year. Deutsche Bank and JPMorgan (JPM) are more bullish, predicting Apollo shares to appreciate 91% to $65. However, some analysts say enrollment could suffer as the economy strengthens.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV