2. Apollo Group (APOL), which runs the University of Phoenix, has seen its stock plummet 44% this year. In the most recent quarter, the company's net income dropped 55% to $41 million, or 32 cents a share. Regulatory scrutiny into its admissions, compensation and financial-aid practices have added to the company's woes.
10 Worst-Performing S&P 500 Stocks of 2010
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.