3. As Americans become more comfortable with tax software, particularly Intuit's (INTU) Turbo Tax, H&R Block (HRB) has had to work harder to promote its services. The company has been fighting back, announcing plans to acquire the owner of digital tax preparer TaxACT for $287.5 million. Still, H&R Block shares have tumbled 43% this year and the company lost $130.7 million in its most recent quarter.
Outlook: Analysts are pessimistic about H&R Block's outlook. Of those covering the company, three advocate purchasing its shares and six recommend holding them. None suggest selling. Macquarie values H&R Block's stock at $16, suggesting the shares could return 27% during the next year. Goldman Sachs predicts the stock will drop modestly to $12.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV