3. As Americans become more comfortable with tax software, particularly Intuit's (INTU) Turbo Tax, H&R Block (HRB) has had to work harder to promote its services. The company has been fighting back, announcing plans to acquire the owner of digital tax preparer TaxACT for $287.5 million. Still, H&R Block shares have tumbled 43% this year and the company lost $130.7 million in its most recent quarter.
10 Worst-Performing S&P 500 Stocks of 2010
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.