3. As Americans become more comfortable with tax software, particularly Intuit's (INTU) Turbo Tax, H&R Block (HRB) has had to work harder to promote its services. The company has been fighting back, announcing plans to acquire the owner of digital tax preparer TaxACT for $287.5 million. Still, H&R Block shares have tumbled 43% this year and the company lost $130.7 million in its most recent quarter.
10 Worst-Performing S&P 500 Stocks of 2010
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.