4. AK Steel (AKS) is down 38% this year. The steel maker posted a third-quarter loss of $59 million, or 54 cents a share, after generating a profit a year earlier. Revenue soared 51% to $1.6 billion, but higher iron ore prices tore into income. A 12-day outage caused by blast furnace maintenance didn't help. Its cash balance has dropped 76% to $81 million since the year-earlier quarter. Its debt decreased 17% to $503 million.
10 Worst-Performing S&P 500 Stocks of 2010
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.