4. AK Steel (AKS) is down 38% this year. The steel maker posted a third-quarter loss of $59 million, or 54 cents a share, after generating a profit a year earlier. Revenue soared 51% to $1.6 billion, but higher iron ore prices tore into income. A 12-day outage caused by blast furnace maintenance didn't help. Its cash balance has dropped 76% to $81 million since the year-earlier quarter. Its debt decreased 17% to $503 million.
10 Worst-Performing S&P 500 Stocks of 2010
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.