6. Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO) shares have plunged 33% this year. The company was hurt by the ban on offshore drilling in the wake of the BP (BP) oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Its third-quarter profit tumbled 45% to $199 million, or $1.43 a share, as revenue dropped 12% to $800 million. Its operating margin narrowed from 53% to 36%. The company's management expects a prolonged slowdown in the Gulf region, but has relocated most of its rigs to international locations.
10 Worst-Performing S&P 500 Stocks of 2010
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.