7. Office supply retailer Office Depot (ODP), whose shares have lost 33% this year, has struggled to compete with larger rival Staples (SPLS) as corporate clients cut costs. After suffering losses in eight of the past nine quarters, Office Depot swung to a third-quarter profit of $64 million, or 18 cents a share, from a loss of $398 million, or $1.51, a year earlier. However, excluding one-time gains, earning were 3 cents a share. Revenue declined 4.3%. Office Depot has $678 million of cash and $731 million of debt.
10 Worst-Performing S&P 500 Stocks of 2010
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.