7. Office supply retailer Office Depot (ODP), whose shares have lost 33% this year, has struggled to compete with larger rival Staples (SPLS) as corporate clients cut costs. After suffering losses in eight of the past nine quarters, Office Depot swung to a third-quarter profit of $64 million, or 18 cents a share, from a loss of $398 million, or $1.51, a year earlier. However, excluding one-time gains, earning were 3 cents a share. Revenue declined 4.3%. Office Depot has $678 million of cash and $731 million of debt.
10 Worst-Performing S&P 500 Stocks of 2010
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.