8. Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT), whose shares are down 32% this year, swung to a third-quarter loss of $20 million, or 8 cents a share, in its most recent quarter from a year-earlier profit, though revenue increased 13% and tire unit volume jumped 6%. Its FuelMax tire is selling well worldwide as consumers become more concerned about gas emissions. The company's debt has dropped 16% to $5 billion during the past year, but its cash fell twice as fast at 36% to $1.7 billion.
10 Worst-Performing S&P 500 Stocks of 2010
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.