8. Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT), whose shares are down 32% this year, swung to a third-quarter loss of $20 million, or 8 cents a share, in its most recent quarter from a year-earlier profit, though revenue increased 13% and tire unit volume jumped 6%. Its FuelMax tire is selling well worldwide as consumers become more concerned about gas emissions. The company's debt has dropped 16% to $5 billion during the past year, but its cash fell twice as fast at 36% to $1.7 billion.
10 Worst-Performing S&P 500 Stocks of 2010
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.