8. Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT), whose shares are down 32% this year, swung to a third-quarter loss of $20 million, or 8 cents a share, in its most recent quarter from a year-earlier profit, though revenue increased 13% and tire unit volume jumped 6%. Its FuelMax tire is selling well worldwide as consumers become more concerned about gas emissions. The company's debt has dropped 16% to $5 billion during the past year, but its cash fell twice as fast at 36% to $1.7 billion.
Outlook: Researchers are optimistic about Goodyear, which has suffered losses in five of the past eight quarters. Five rate its stock "buy." Four rate it "hold." Two rate it "sell." A median target of $13.54 suggests that it will rise 41% in 12 months. KeyBank predicts it will rise 56% to $15 during the next year. Citigroup (C) forecasts a gain of 46% to $14. Goodyear is a value stock, trading for 7.7 times its projected earnings, a 74% discount to competitors' average.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV