8. Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT), whose shares are down 32% this year, swung to a third-quarter loss of $20 million, or 8 cents a share, in its most recent quarter from a year-earlier profit, though revenue increased 13% and tire unit volume jumped 6%. Its FuelMax tire is selling well worldwide as consumers become more concerned about gas emissions. The company's debt has dropped 16% to $5 billion during the past year, but its cash fell twice as fast at 36% to $1.7 billion.
10 Worst-Performing S&P 500 Stocks of 2010
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.