9. Shares of Micron Technology (MU), which makes chips used in memory devices, have dropped 31% this year amid a decline in computer spending. Still, the company swung to a fiscal fourth-quarter profit of $342 million, or 32 cents a share, from a year-earlier loss as revenue surged 91%. Micron also has $370 million of net cash.
Outlook: Analysts are bullish on Micron despite its 31% stock-price drop in 2010. Of those following the company, 14, or 58%, rate its stock "buy," nine rate it "hold" and one rates it "sell." A median price target of $10.99 suggests the stock could rise 64% during the next year. While Raymond James (RJF) expects the stock to more than double to $18, Goldman Sachs (GS) predicts it will fall 18% to $6. Its shares are trading for 6.2 times its projected 12-month earnings, a 55% discount to peers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV