DynaVox Mayer-Johnson And Autism-Community.com Partner To Provide Autism Resources And Information For Families
PITTSBURGH, Nov. 30, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- DynaVox Mayer-Johnson and Autism-Community.com are collaborating to bring expanded resources and networking opportunities to families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders. This relationship brings together the world's leading provider of speech-generating devices and symbol-adapted special education software used to assist individuals in overcoming speech, language and learning challenges, and the popular website that provides resources to families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders, educators, and other professionals providing services or care to individuals with autism.
The most ambitious aspect of this partnership involves the redesign of Autism-Community.com. Launched this month, the new Autism-Community.com delivers more robust information on a variety of autism-related topics. New features of the site include:
- Extensive resources and information about autism, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), augmentative and alternative communication (AAC), data collection, evidence-based interventions and alternative interventions.
- A Community Center where visitors can ask questions, learn about autism and employment, search for local and national autism events and recreation opportunities, and connect with other families and professionals supporting individuals with autism.
- Expanded functionality and new navigation that make it easier for visitors to find the information they are seeking.
"We believe that our strengths as individual organizations blend together nicely," said DynaVox Mayer-Johnson President and COO, Michelle Heying. "DynaVox Mayer-Johnson's partnership with Autism-Community.com will allow us to reach more families and raise awareness of the wide range of tools and strategies that are available to help support individuals with autism in all areas of life."
DynaVox is providing clinical and technical expertise to support Autism-Community.com, while Abby Twyman, founder of Autism-Community.com and board certified behavior analyst, will continue editing, providing content to and moderating the site."DynaVox's support of Autism-Community.com will provide visitors to the site with a better experience," said Abby Twyman, founder and editor, Autism-Community.com. "The company brings a wealth of robust resources the autism community will find to be very helpful, as well as great technical expertise that will enhance the functionality of the site." Visit www.autism-community.com to learn more about Autism Spectrum Disorders and become part of the community. About DynaVox Inc. DynaVox Inc. (Nasdaq: DVOX) is a publicly traded holding company with its headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, whose primary operating entities are DynaVox Systems LLC and Mayer-Johnson LLC. DynaVox is the leading provider of speech generating devices and symbol-adapted special education software used to assist individuals in overcoming their speech, language and learning challenges. These solutions are designed to help individuals who have complex communication and learning needs participate in the home, classroom and community. Our mission is to enable our customers to realize their full communication and education potential by developing industry-leading devices, software and content and by providing the services to support them. We assist individuals, families, and professionals with an extensive field support organization, as well as centralized technical and reimbursement support. For more information, visit www.dynavoxtech.com. SOURCE DynaVox Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV