NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Internal auditors of Chinese paper producer and distributor Orient Paper (ONP) have absolved the company off allegations that it had overstated its revenue, according to a Reuters report.
A Hong Kong brokerage firm had accused the company of improper accounting, but an internal audit has cleared it of any wrongdoing, says Reuters.
According to the report, the internal auditors, reviewing records dating back to Oct. 2009, found no evidence of an alleged misappropriation of $30 million.
The investigation began in July after brokerage firm Muddy Waters alleged the company had been overstating its revenues and margins and initiated coverage of Orient Paper with a strong sell rating, Reuters said.In early November, the brokerage firm had also accused Chinese wastewater treatment company Rino International (RINO) of falsifying its customer relationships, causing the stock to plunge. Rino stock has fallen about 67% over the past month. Shares of Orient paper have fallen by about 37% year to date and are down 8.8% to $6.60 in morning trading.
|More on Earnings Today's Top Earnings|
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Andrea Tse. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV