ENI S.p.A. Common Stock (NYSE: E)
Eni SpA is an integrated energy major of Italy with interests in the oil and gas, power and petrochemical sectors.
Industry experts believe that the outlook for the company's gas trading business is bleak over the next couple of quarters. However, Eni would probably rely on the Libyan gas contracts, as it has made an advance payment of nearly $1.3 billion toward supply. Besides, the company is negotiating projects in Kazakhstan, Iraq and Venezuela. Accordingly, capex for 2010 has been increased from around $18 billion to $20 billion.
The Italian government's plan to divest its stake in Eni is another positive trigger. The government is likely to table the divestment plans in parliament during the first half of 2011.Eni has revised its full-year tax guidance for 2010 from 57% to 55%. Accordingly, analysts upgraded EPS estimates by 3%, aiding in not only favorable tax provisions, but also higher contribution from associates. The stock is trading at 7.7 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV