TD Ameritrade Expands Fixed Income Platform
TD Ameritrade, Inc., a brokerage subsidiary of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NASDAQ:AMTD) is expanding its offering of fixed income securities to include new issue municipal bonds underwritten by M. R. Beal, a leading municipal underwriter and one of the nation's oldest minority-owned investment banks. Through this strategic alliance, retail investors and independent registered investment advisors (RIAs) on the TD Ameritrade platform, will now have access to hundreds of new issue municipal bond deals M.R. Beal brings to market each year.
"Fixed income is a growing and important market as aging Americans look for a steady income stream, portfolio diversification and tax efficiency," said Peter Sidebottom, executive vice president, product and marketing, TD Ameritrade. "The agreement with M.R. Beal marks a significant expansion of our new issue municipal bond offering and solidifies our commitment to offer investors, RIAs and their clients a broad range of fixed income securities."
“Working with TD Ameritrade, we can provide a mutual benefit to municipal issuers and TD Ameritrade clients,” said Bernard B. Beal, chief executive officer, M. R. Beal. “Municipalities gain access to a national network of retail investors and RIAs, while investors and independent advisors can benefit from the potential cost-savings of buying bonds directly from municipal issuers.”
TD Ameritrade's comprehensive fixed income platform offers investors and RIAs access to FDIC insured Certificates of Deposit (CDs), Treasury, Agency, Corporate and Municipal bonds, Structured Products and Unit Investment Trusts. Investors have access to powerful online tools and calculators for researching thousands of bonds and CDs offered from more than 200 dealers.Whether they prefer to go online, visit a branch or call, TD Ameritrade clients have any-time, any-how access to a variety of fixed income resources, including:
- Fixed Income Specialists - For one-on-one guidance with bonds, CDs and investment strategies such as bond laddering, clients can consult directly with dedicated, experienced professionals who understand the fixed income markets and each clients’ unique needs.
- Tools & Calculators - Bond Wizard , Taxable Equivalent Yield Calculator, and Quick Search help investors and advisors easily search for bonds and CDs, find readymade bond ladders, build their own bond ladder, calculate taxable equivalent yields, and more. Additionally, third-party research is available to help clients understand the fixed income markets and evaluate investment options.
- New Issue Center - TD Ameritrade retail clients can view offerings available for sale, including M.R. Beal new issue municipal bonds, through TD Ameritrade's online New Issue Center. RIAs can contact a Fixed Income Specialist at 800-355-2297 to access new issues.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV