NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Google (GOOG) is said to be in acquisition discussions with popular daily deal site Groupon for as much as $6 billion, according to DealBook. A deal could be reached as early as this week, and would be one of Google's largest acquisitions ever.
In other Google news, the European Union is opening an anti-trust investigation into the giant's search practices, said The New York Times. Complaints from three competitors citing that Google treats rivals' results differently from its own in displaying search results triggered the investigation, which Google said it would fully cooperate with.
Shares of Google fell 1.2% to $575 in pre-market trading Tuesday.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV