(Premarket roundup updated to reflect Barnes & Noble earnings news and share price changes)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Barnes & Noble (BKS) have been sliding by 4.6% to $14.19 in premarket trading after the company reported second-quarter net loss of $12.6 million, or 22 cents a share, on sales of $1.9 billion. The company is expecting third-quarter earnings per share of 90 cents to $1.20 and full-year loss per share of 75 cents to $1.15. Wall Street was calling for third quarter earnings per share of $1.29 and full-year loss of 40 cents.
Lowe's (LOW) reaffirmed its full-year sales and earnings guidance while announcing it would be unveiling new approaches to improve its retail operations.
Shares of Lowe's are falling 1.3% to $22.06 in premarket trading.
Shares of Trina Solar (TSL) slipped by 0.4% to $23.80 in premarket trading. The company reported third-quarter earnings that exceeded Wall Street expectations through an improvement in margins and a ramp-up in shipments.
Google (GOOG) shares have fallen 1.2% to $575.25 in premarket trading as the European Commission investigates whether the search giant has abused its dominant position in online searches.
Swiss engineering company ABB (ABB) has offered to buy Baldor Electric (BEZ) for $63.50 a share, or $3.1 billion in cash. Shares of ABB were falling by 0.5% to $19.47 in premarket trading. Baldor was surging by 40.4% to $63.33.
Merck (MRK) shares were falling 1% in premarket trading to $34.35 after the drug giant named its president, Kenneth Frazier, to the additional post of CEO.
Hard drive maker Seagate (STX) terminated buyout talks with private-equity firms, sending its shares tumbling in premarket trading Tuesday, down 4.5% to $13.24.
|More on Earnings Today's Top Earnings|
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Andrea Tse. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV