Mecox Lane Limited Announces Third Quarter 2010 Results
SHANGHAI, China, Nov. 29, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mecox Lane Limited ("Mecox Lane" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:MCOX), which operates China's leading online platform for apparel and accessories as measured by revenues in 2009, today announced its unaudited financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2010.
Third Quarter 2010 Highlights
- Net revenues increased 36.0% year-over-year to $55.3 million from $40.7 million in the year-ago period
- Gross profit increased 23.8% year-over-year to $22.0 million from $17.8 million in the year-ago period 
- Income from operations increased 410.2% year-over-year to $0.9 million from $0.2 million in the year-ago period
- Net income increased 246.4% year-over-year to $0.8 million from $0.2 million in the year-ago period
- Non-GAAP net income  increased 59.5% year-over-year to $1.6 million from $1.0 million in the year-ago period
"The B2C e-commerce business is entering a period of rapid growth and we believe Mecox Lane is well positioned to benefit from this trend," said Mecox Lane's Director and Chief Executive Officer Alfred Gu. "On the back of a successful IPO, we have seized the opportunity to capitalize on China's growing e-commerce industry as well as the rise of consumption levels in China, as evidenced by our strong third quarter results. Going forward, we will continue to build up our leading market position by expanding our product offering, growing our customer base and enhancing our customer service platform to deliver an exceptional online shopping experience."Third Quarter 2010 Results Due to the seasonal nature of its business, the Company presents its financial results on a year-over-year basis between the third quarter of 2010 and the third quarter of 2009 as in the following paragraphs. Total Net Revenues Total net revenues were $55.3 million in the third quarter of 2010, an increase of 36.0% from $40.7 million in the third quarter of 2009.The increase in the Company's net revenues was primarily due to an increase in net revenues from the online platform and to a lesser extent due to an increase in net revenues from franchised stores. This was partially offset by a decrease in net revenues from directly operated stores during the third quarter of 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV