DryShips CEO George Economou issued a rosy outlook on that score as well, saying, "The ultra deepwater market has turned a corner in the last couple of months and we believe that current enquiry from operators matches or may even exceed the supply available in 2011."
Dry-bulk shipping peer FreeSeas (FREE) saw its shares fall 1.5% Monday afternoon.
The operator of drybulk carriers posted a net loss of $9.5 million, or $1.51 per share, for the third quarter, compared with a profit of $465,000, or 8 cents per share, in the year-earlier period.
FreeSeas' revenue pushed up 5.3% to $13.8 million.Paragon Shipping (PRGN) shares were flat Monday afternoon. Analysts from Cantor Fitzgerald maintained a buy rating on Paragon but recently lowered their price target on the stock by $1 to $5. "We now look for Paragon to report 2010 earnings per share of 39 cents (from 33 cents) and
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV