HDFC Bank (HDFC) is an India-based banking company catering to business segments like retail and wholesale banking, and treasury operations.
HDFC Bank had maintained an earnings growth of around 30% over the last 3 years. The bankâ¿¿s balance sheet growth was about 30% during the last five years. However, asset growth could taper to about 25% on a higher base over the next couple of years. An improvement in return ratios and sustaining net profit growth at 28%-32% would be feasible, according to analysts.
The bank has successfully increased the proportion of corporate segment as well as the share of non-secured retail, which could be margin dilutive. Besides, HDFC is focusing on the rural segment, expecting higher returns on assets in the long term. High capitalization and improved lending practices have helped the bank to curtail bad loans. Going ahead, as a percentage of loans, bad loans would stand at 1.3%-1.4%, say analysts. The stock is trading at 3.7 times its 2011-12 estimated book.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV