Consider one of these 3 stock ETFs for the current uncertainty:
1. iShares MSCI Chile (ECH). Near the U.S. market's lowest ebb in 2010, I penned a feature on July 2 entitled, " 5 Reasons To Choose The Chile ETF Before Getting Another U.S ETF ."
One of those reasons included Chile's status as a creditor nation, not a debtor nation. Another reason was the fact that ECH carried less standardized risk than the U.S. market carried.
Indeed, the same circumstances exist today. Moreover, ECH is not entirely dependent on Chilean natural resources, but rather, it has a high weighting in several less volatile sectors (e.g., 22.6% utilities, 14.15% consumer Staples, etc.).2. PowerShares Technical Leaders (PDP). This ETF rebalances each quarter to reflect relative strength trends with enviable results. It has gains over five days, one month, three months, six months and one year and a 26.5% return over that one-year period. By contrast, the S&P 500 SPDR Trust (SPY) boasts only 10.5%. You might also appreciate PDP's presence in the 80th percentile on relative strength across all exchange-traded vehicles. PDP is also above its 50-day trendline and its 200-day trendline. 3. iShares Russell MidCap Growth (IWP). If you believe that the European mess will drag on a bit longer, the euro would struggle against the dollar and make U.S. stocks relatively "safer." If you're going to swing that direction and if for no other reason that you shouldn't keep everything in Emerging Market ETFs or cash, you should go with the premier "style." At the moment, mid-cap growth has the largest 6-month gains and the highest relative strength ranking. Simply put, mid-sized companies have been in the sweet spot, while growth has dramatically outperformed value.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV