Tech Winners & Losers updated with closing prices.
Video game company
(THQI) rose 3.49%, or 17 cents, to close Friday at $5.18 on excitement over its uDraw tablet for the Wii console. The device is the No. 7 best-selling game for the Wii on
>>THQ CEO: Great Games Transcend Platforms
On its most recent earnings call, THQ increased guidance for the uDraw tablet from 1 million devices to 1.25 to 1.3 million for the fiscal year. Shares of THQ have jumped almost 20% in the last five days.Netflix (NFLX) rose $2.42 and closed at $191.19 after as Piper Jaffray boosted its price target on the company from $180 to $202. On Monday, Netflix announced that it would be promoting a new streaming-only subscription plan for $7.99, which would allow members to watch unlimited TV episodes and movies. Netflix hit a new 52-week high earlier this week. F5 Networks (FFIV) also hit a 52-week high Friday of $135.15. Shares of F5 have risen over 154% in the last year. F5 closed up $2.49 to $135.04 Friday. Meanwhile, shares of Alcatel Lucent (ALU) fell more than 3% Friday and closed at $2.84. The company was downgraded last week to under perform from neutral by Credit Suisse. Brocade (BRCD) declined about 1% to close at $5.05, as the company's outlook for next quarter did not meet analysts' projections. The company said on Monday it expects revenue between $535 million and $550 million, below the $557 million expected by analysts. Brocade also said it expects adjusted earnings of 9 cents to 10 cents a share, while analysts were projecting 14 cents. --Written by Olivia Oran in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV