As it turns out, the Internet often reflects the voice of the vocal and not necessarily the majority. Opt-Out Day did not go as planned, and travelers were more concerned with getting to where they were going on the day before Thanksgiving. By noon on Wednesday, media outlets were reporting business-as-usual conditions at most major airports.
The news that drinking glasses that were marketed to kids contained lead levels in excess of federal limits was considered dumb by 19% of voters, earning it third place in our survey.
A report conducted by the Associated Press found that some of the most popular comic book or movie-themed glasses sold by Time Warner's (TWX) Warner Brothers and Coca-Cola (KO) contained up to 1,000 times the amount of lead permitted by Federal limits for children's products.
The tests, conducted by ToyTestingLab in Rhode Island, were conducted on superhero and Wizard of Oz glasses bought from the Warner Brothers Studios store in Burbank. They found that decorations on the glasses were 16% to 30.2% lead, far exceeding the federal limit of 0.03% for children's products.Approximately 160,000 glasses have been recalled. Coke said it is recalling over 88,000 glasses. Close to 14% of voters found it dumb that American businesses earned profits at an annual rate of $1.659 trillion in the third quarter, the highest figure recorded since the government began keeping track more than 60 years ago -- yet still can't seem to find it in their hearts to rehire any significant percentage of the millions of workers they laid off in the last two years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV