NEW YORK ( TheStreet) --
Del Monte Foods
(DLM), the pet foods and consumer products manufacturer,
Shares were up 4.3% to $18.77 in premarket trading.
Shares of newly-listed Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC), which made its debut on Wednesday, were plunging 18% in premarket trading to $4.09. Anacor closed at $5.09 on Wednesday, a modest 2% premium over its offer price of $5.
Retail stocks including Target (TGT), Amazon (AMZN), Wal-Mart (WMT), Macy's (M) and Kohl's (KSS) will be in focus on "Black Friday." The stocks were mostly lower in premarket trading, cooling off after a sharp run-up to Friday.
Shares of Charter Communications (CHTR) were down 31% on news that a Canadian company WiLan was suing the company, along with Time Warner (TWC) and Comcast (CMCSA), saying those companies use cable modems that infringe on a patent it bought in 2007.
--Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj in New York
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/shavenk. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV