2. G-III Apparel (GIII) designs outerwear and sportswear, including coats, jackets and suits. It sells its products to retailers such as Macy's and Kohl's.
Quarter: G-III swung to a fiscal second-quarter profit of $3 million, or 15 cents a share, from a year-earlier loss of $2.8 million, or 17 cents a share. Revenue grew 39% to $189 million. The gross margin extended from 30% to 32% and the operating margin climbed from negative territory to 3%. G-III held $6.1 million of cash at the end of the quarter and $77 million of debt, equaling a quick ratio of 0.6 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.3. G-III has boosted revenue 25% annually, on average, since 2007 and expanded earnings per share 29% a year over that span.
Stock: G-III shares sell for a trailing earnings multiple of 11, a forward earnings multiple of 8.9, a book value multiple of 2.2 and a sales multiple of 0.6, 54%, 53%, 56% and 74% discounts to textiles and apparel industry averages. However, its cash flow multiple of 31 represented a 97% premium to its peer average. Still, G-III's PEG ratio of 0.2 signals an 80% discount to estimated long-term fair value. G-III has returned 29% year-to-date, outperforming U.S. stock indices. It has delivered annualized gains of 30% since 2007.Consensus: Of researchers evaluating G-III, six, or 75%, advocate purchasing its shares and two recommend holding. None advise selling. A median price target of $39.17 implies an impending one-year gain of 40%. Piper Jaffray predicts that G-III's stock will appreciate 43% to $40. The lowest price targets come from Stifel Financial and Lazard Capital Markets, which both expect G-III shares to rise 29% to $36. G-III, which has been a licensee of the NFL since 1988, just signed an exclusive agreement expanding its relationship with the league. G-III, though not a closely followed company, with a market value of just $526 million, also has license agreements with Calvin Klein, the NHL, the NBA and Major League Baseball.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV