Needham Fund's Bargains: Seagate, Xyratex
Second, the data-storage sector is going through a consolidation, with big players such as IBM (IBM), Hewlett-Packard and EMC buying up smaller firms, burnishing the value of those that remain. Earlier this month, EMC purchased Isilon for $2.25 billion after having been on a buying binge for the past few years.
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services recently placed Seagate's BB+ corporate credit rating on credit watch with negative implications after the hard-disk-drive maker said it may go private. And that could spark share-price appreciation on potential takeover rumors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV