1st United Bancorp, Inc. Files Form S-3 Shelf Registration Statement
BOCA RATON, Fla., Nov. 23, 2010 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- (Nasdaq: FUBC) — 1st United Bancorp, Inc. ("1st United"), today announced that it has filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission a universal shelf registration statement on Form S-3 providing for the offer and sale from time to time of up to $100 million of securities, including equity, debt and other securities as described in the registration statement. Specific terms and prices will be determined at the time of each offering under a separate prospectus supplement, which will be filed with the SEC at the time of any offering.
"While we have no definitive plans to raise capital at this time, we believe this registration statement will enhance our ability to quickly raise capital at a later date," said Rudy E. Schupp, Chief Executive Officer. "We continue to be well positioned to take advantage of both organic and acquisition growth opportunities and we believe this shelf registration will provide us with added flexibility to access the capital markets, if needed."
A registration statement relating to these securities has been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission but has not yet become effective. These securities may not be sold nor may offers to buy be accepted prior to the time the registration statement becomes effective. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy, no shall there be any sale of these securities in any jurisdiction in which an offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction. Any offering of the securities covered under the shelf registration will be made solely by means of a prospectus and an accompanying prospectus supplement relating to that offer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV