NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Every tech investor has a dream of hitting it big. Maybe you've nailed the analysis, or more likely, you've jumped on a hunch. Either way, picking a winner -- ridiculously rare (see Five Tech Stock Losers of 2010) -- can certainly make you look smart or just plain dumb lucky. Consider yourself one or the other if you were involved with any of the following five top tech winners of 2010.
No. 5: F5 Networks
F5 (FFIV) aptly comes in -- where else? -- at fifth among the best-performing big tech stocks of the year. The networking switch maker specializes in traffic speed and security jobs and has long been considered a possible acquisition target in the IT rollup arena.The stock: F5 shares are up 180% over the past 52 weeks, not just on takeover speculation, but also on performance. Setting a theme for some of its gear peers, F5 raised its financial guidance every quarter for the last four quarters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV