5 Tech Stock Winners of 2010
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Every tech investor has a dream of hitting it big. Maybe you've nailed the analysis, or more likely, you've jumped on a hunch. Either way, picking a winner -- ridiculously rare (see Five Tech Stock Losers of 2010) -- can certainly make you look smart or just plain dumb lucky. Consider yourself one or the other if you were involved with any of the following five top tech winners of 2010.
No. 5: F5 Networks
F5 (FFIV) aptly comes in -- where else? -- at fifth among the best-performing big tech stocks of the year. The networking switch maker specializes in traffic speed and security jobs and has long been considered a possible acquisition target in the IT rollup arena.The stock: F5 shares are up 180% over the past 52 weeks, not just on takeover speculation, but also on performance. Setting a theme for some of its gear peers, F5 raised its financial guidance every quarter for the last four quarters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV