J&J's McNeil Consumer Healthcare division was recalling the products because of "insufficiencies in the development of the manufacturing process," the company said.
On its Web site, McNeil said the recall was at the wholesale and retail level. "No action is required by consumers or healthcare providers and consumers can continue to use the product," McNeil said.
Bloomberg reports 4 million packages of Children's Benadryl allergy tablets and about 800,000 bottles of junior-strength Motrin caplets would be recalled.A notice dated Nov. 15 was posted on the McNeil Web site, but no press release was issued. J&J has issued a number of recalls this year, the latest on Oct. 18, when McNeil announced the recall of one product lot of 50-count bottles of Tylenol eight-hour caplets in the U.S. and Puerto Rico because of a strange musty or moldy odor. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV