The PowerShares Dynamic Leisure and Entertainment Portfolio (PEJ) and PowerShares Dynamic Consumer Discretionary Sector Portfolio (PEZ), exchange-traded funds that count Chipotle, Cheesecake, Panera and Texas Roadhouse among their holdings, closed the day in positive territory after spending much of the morning slightly down. The PEJ closed up by 0.8% while the PEZ added 0.9%.>>Restaurant Stocks: Winners & Losers Shares of Chipotle pushed up to a 52-week high of $243.98, closing just off that high at $242.92. The fast-casual Mexican food chain handily beat expectations and reported a 39.9% rise in earnings for the third quarter , thanks in large part to an 11.4% jump in comparable same-store sales, or sales at stores open at least one year -- a closely watched metric in the restaurant industry. RBC Capital Markets maintained a sector perform rating on Chipotle shares following its stellar earnings report, and raised its price target to $185. Stifel Nicolaus analyst Steve West maintained his buy rating, and upped his price target to $215, from $183.69.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV