The York Water Company Announces An Increase For Its 560th Consecutive Dividend
YORK, Pa., Nov. 22, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The York Water Company's (Nasdaq:YORW) President and CEO, Jeffrey R. Hines, announced today that the Board of Directors at their November 22 nd meeting increased the quarterly dividend from $0.128 per share to $0.131 per share, an increase of 2.3%. The annualized dividend yield based on Friday's stock market closing is about 3.2%. The dividend is payable January 14, 2011 to shareholders as of record date December 31, 2010.
This is the 560 th consecutive dividend to be paid by The York Water Company and is the fourteenth consecutive year that the Company has increased its dividend. York Water, which is the oldest investor owned utility in the nation, has paid dividends for 194 consecutive years beginning in 1816. This is believed to be the longest record of consecutive dividends in America.
The York Water Company logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=5589
CONTACT: York Water Company Jeffrey R. Hines, President and CEO Kathleen M. Miller, Chief Financial Officer 717-845-3601
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV